What is omnichannel marketing? You've heard the phrase before, right?
In recent years, industry-leading multi-location brands have made a serious investment in omnichannel marketing and if your brand hasn't, the competition surely has. If you haven't heard, omnichannel marketing is defined as a multichannel – print, digital – approach to delivering an integrated customer experience.
You should know that the brands that have already invested in omnichannel marketing are seeing significant results. Why? Most prospects and customers actually prioritize the brands that overdeliver on the customer experience. In fact, most are willing to pay more money for products/services provided by brands that have mastered the customer experience.
So what does your multi-location brand need to know about omnichannel marketing and what does it need to do to get ahead?
What is Omnichannel Marketing?
Do you remember the last time you bought something online or in-store? Your purchase journey probably looked something like this:
- You saw an advertisement on social media.
- After clicking on the advertisement, you were directed to a landing page.
- The landing page featured product details, ratings, and reviews. You entered your contact information, but couldn't find your credit card.
- You left the landing page. A few days later, you received and email reminding you to complete your purchase. The brand even sent you a 15% off coupon.
- You bought and received the product. The brand sent you a printed card thanking you for your purchase and encouraging you to shop again.
- A few weeks later, you received a personalized display advertisement from the same brand. The product featured in the advertisement is very similar to the product that you just purchased.
This is omnichannel marketing in action. This form of marketing focuses on delivering a consistent and relevant customer experience across multiple print and digital channels. In most cases, these experiences are highly personalized.
4 Benefits of Omnichannel Marketing
If your multi-location brand hasn't considered omnichannel marketing, consider the following benefits:
- Builds Brand Awareness: When more people see your brand's marketing promotions, they're more likely to recognize your brand in the future. More than just the marketing channels used, increased brand awareness also requires marketing consistency across the distributed network. For this reason, many industry-leading brands invest heavily in brand management software.
- Increases Brand Equity: How do prospects and customers perceive your brand? By investing in more marketing channels, most consumers are likely to think more favorably about your brand. Why? Consumers know that they can reach your brand on their favorite platforms.
- Builds Trust: From social media to print mailers, investing in a diverse array of marketing helps to build trust with prospects and customers. Regardless of the channel, when your multi-location brand actually delivers on the promises inside those marketing messages, consumers know that your brand can be trusted.
- Increases Sales: More marketing channels means more opportunities for sales.
Master Omnichannel Marketing With CampaignDrive
To start marketing across multiple channels, we recommend investing in a brand management solution. Our software solution powers some of the world's most recognized brands including Marriott International, Polaris, and many others.
CampaignDrive makes it easy for corporate teams to upload print and digital marketing files. In minutes, franchisees, dealers, and affiliates can access these pre-approved marketing templates, add a touch of localization, save, and distribute – it's that easy. In fact, Marriott International uses our tool to empower more than 3,6000 properties from across the globe. After swift implementation and a two-month pilot in key markets, the new Consumer Landing Page Generator powered by CampaignDrive launched to widespread acclaim and rapid adoption.
To get started, we recommend trying a free software preview.